Wednesday, December 22, 2021

8 months out...First Christmas away from home.....

 482 days left.   Not that we are counting or anything.  December is a tough month, we miss having him around.  He has grown so, so much.  He is doing well, and you can tell from his letters how amazing he is.  We are so lucky he is ours.  We are so thankful for Bryan.

December 20, 2021

Hello everyone! 👋 it's the week of Christmas and I'm so excited, sad there's no snow here, but happy because it's the most wonderful time of the the year

This week was pretty normal with a couple awesome opportunities. Its really just been awesome with the Christmas spirit! I hope you all are having a good Christmas time, and have an awesome Christmas day, but remember the reason for the season. We had an awesome Christmas party with our ward it was so cool. There's was awesome singing and great food. We also got to do another service where we wrapped gifts for seniors again.  And on Sunday there was also a super awesome music Christmas devotional on Sunday. Not too much other than that went on this week. Today was a super busy day we had lots of things to do, but it was great I hope you all have an awesome week! 

December 13, 2021

Hey everyone what's up 😁 just another week here in Arizona it's actually starting to cool down a little bit. I could see my breath the other day! Now I'm just gonna manifest a foot of snow here for the first time in a long time. I wonder if it's ever snowed a lot here. But anyways this week actually had a ton packed into it. To start it off I guess we had a pretty fun community service with a some of our zone. We wrapped gifts for seniors that don't get gifts. It was a lot of fun. The member that was hosting the service also got us super good nachos so that's a plus haha. This also was the week of zone conference, and it was so awesome this transfer we are focusing on the doctrine of the holy ghost and Enduring to the end the last two things jn in the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's been super awesome. To share one thing I've learned, John 14:26 

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I love this scripture it's so great and the things it teaches are so powerfull the spirit is here to help us and can teach us all things, but we must have soft hearts and sincere desires.

We also had our Christmas party it was awesome we had waffles and breakfast burritos and we watched one of the best videos ever the christ child if you haven't seen it then watch it. But anyways I hope you all are doing well remember to look for the light wherever you are and you can find it.

😄

December 6, 2021

Hello everyone hope all is well with you all. This was a awesome week it was the first week of the new transfer and it's been great so far. Since nothing changed we just kept going right from where we were and our area is doing super good we've started teaching a lot of people this week, and some of them are part member families in our ward and they are awesome and truly interested in learning. Other than that it been a pretty normal week we've had lots a lessons and time to Tract I actually enjoy tracting it's fun to go around and talk to people. You just get to learn so many things and see how people's lives have been based on the choices they've made it's a fun experience and we make a lot of friends. We also had cdc this week which is just the combined district counsil the first week of the transfer where the whole zone comes it's awesome. It's a great time to align our focus as a zone. This transfer we are focusing on the doctrine of the holy ghost and Enduring to the end. And finally the saddest thing is, well it's December, but here there is no snow and it feels like spring almost summer. It's definitely a unique Christmas season haha but it will be special one I won't forget. We had an awesome testimony meeting on Sunday. The bishop started it off and just asked us to Remember the meaning of Christmas and that's my invitation to all of you to just ponder on that. 


Elder Adamson 😁

November 30, 2021

Hello everyone hope you are doing well!

This was quite the week. It was pretty normal in a lot of cases through the week just some regular missionary work expect one of the baptisms  that was supposed to happen this week didn't :( but things happen for a reason. We have started teaching some awesome people! So we will see where it goes. We also had Thanksgiving this week hope everyone had an awesome one we played some flag football with one of our members teams, he coaches high-school it was super awesome and then we had 2 different dinners it was great. On Sunday we had meetings all day because I cover 2 Wards now, but its awesome because we also have actives for the ysa. We had Dodge ball this Monday and it was way fun and we brought a freind and they had an awesome time and they want to come to all the activities now. Monday night we also had the transfer  call! But nothing changed 😂 I'm in the same area and have the same companions but that's okay because I love this area. Hope you all are doing awesome! 

November 22nd, 2021

Man this was quite the week not a lot happened but what did happen was crazy! So this week on thrday we took Elder Jenson to the the mission office to get sent off into his original assignment in Brazil, that was pretty fun and sad he was my last roommate, but it will be awesome for him to go to his original assignment. Because that we took his companion Elder Harris also my old roommate into our companionship so we are a trio now and we also took there area so we have 2 areas we cover now, and the new one is a ysa! Which Is awesome they have alot of cool activies and also we have 2 people on date to be baptized which is awesome. We have Fhe tonight with the ysa which is just an activity they do I guess but we are bringing friends to it which will be awesome. We also had stake conference this week which was pretty neat Elder Jones came to this one and spoke. On Sunday we have 5 hours of church meeting haha! It was great though. I Also got to go on exchanges this Week with Elder Mitchell who's the zone leader and our roommates it was awesome awesome l learned so much, but one thing I wanted to share was about the Enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus christ and first start by inviting everyone to read Mosiah 24 and listen to the Byu devotional in the strength of the lord, but it's about how through trials the Atonement of Jesus christ Strengthens us and helps us go from good to better anyways hope everyones had an awesome week Im praying for you all love yall 

November 15, 2021

Hey whats up everyone hope you all are having a week that's had some fun, happy average and sad growing moments because those are essential. This week's had pretty much everything which most weeks do haha each day is more complex than we think. We've had many cool experiences and fun moments and a tiny bit of frustrating moments, but like I said essential. I'll start backwards this time today pday was pretty good just the usual shop then played some basketball then im here back home writing this email ha. Then another couple cool things that's happened this week first we had a Linger longer ar church on Sunday which I've never heard of before but every ward needs to do it basically everyone just stays after church and there's food it's awesome and the food was way good Thanksgiving style. This week we've had some pretty awesome teaching appointments we've been blessed to run into so many awesome people that have been prepared it's been awesome getting to know them and share the gospel. One last cool experience this week a brother in our ward asked for a blessing this week he lives in this random block that's a sketchy neighborhood and we had the lesson outside in his front yard and it was just so peaceful we read 3rd nephi 17 with him then gave him the blessing and it was just a very tender experience the spirt was awesome. Anyways hope you all are doing well and looking for ways to love others and yourself :) I love hearing from you all please write me giving me an update of how you are doing! Till next week Elder Adamson 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter catch up!!

  Wow!  Didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted his letters.  He did miss a couple weeks for the first time in his mission...